Sunday, 22 February 2009

The B,b,bright side of the dark side.

If you’re not in touch with your inner seven year old goth chick like I am. You may have not noticed a little piece of joy called Ruby Gloom. The show was developed as a way to sell pencil cases and other merchandise. However, imaginative writing and animation have made it a cut above the average kid’s show. In fact the show was nominated for a Gemini (Canadian TV) award.

The opening credits are a delight. They remind me of the excellent closing credits for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events but with a catchier tune.



Worthy of special mention is a pint sized Emotastic character called Misery. Ruby is far too cute and annoyingly positive, Misery is much more my speed.





And finally all you need to know about writing suspense.



Official Site.

Is it wrong that I enjoy this so much?

Remember “Things could be worse and they usually are”

P.S. I found some brilliant animation recently, I’ll be posting some each day this week so pop back regularly.

See you soon. Unless you see me first.

No comments: