Friday, 9 May 2008

I invented it in Camberwell and it's shaped like a carrot.

This week the Radio 4 program “The Reunion” featured “Withnail and I”. Bruce Robinson, Richard E Grant, Paul McGann and Ralph Brown talk to Sue McGregor about filming, acting, drinking and carrots.

You can for the next couple of days listen again here.

Because it’s always possible that somebody may have had their head in a box for the past twenty years, here is the movie trailer.







PS.

Talking Shop: Neil Marshall

Neil Marshall talks about Doomsday. Warning: this interview contains plot spoilers.

On your MySpace site you list Carry on Screaming as one of your favourite films.
It's one of the greats. The first time I saw it I didn't know it was supposed to be a comedy. I was like five or six and it scared me rigid.”

That explains quite a bit. I had a similar experience with Carry on Screaming, it doesn’t seem to have affected me though. So if you will excuse me I need to go and recharge … “Frying tonight.”



"This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels."

1 comment:

SHEIKSPEAR said...

I love Carry on Screaming.
I think it's one of the best. So spot on with Hammer type send ups.

My fave bit is when Super Vamp Fenella Fielding asks Harry H. Corbett if she can smoke...
and then smoke pours out of her!
Brill!

(Doomsday looks great; Mad Max meets Legend 28 days later)